Thursday, November 3, 2011

From the Lord's Hand- Double

The other day as I sipped a pumpkin chai, I had a life review... many different emotions welled up from different experiences and I felt somewhat overwhelmed.  "Lord, what are you trying to teach me right now, right here?" I asked.  Compelled, I pulled out my bible. As it opened, I glanced down to Isaiah 40.  "O, I know that," I thought... Comfort ye, comfort ye my people says...... yeah. "well that is comforting" I thought. So I sat and just read it. Think on this.

"Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.
              Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
                   and cry to her
                that her warfare is ended,
                    that her iniquity is pardoned,
                That she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

A voice cries:
In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD;
   Make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be lifted up,
   and every mountain and hill be made low;
the uneven ground shall become level,
   and the rough places a plain.
And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed,
   and all flesh shall see it together,
   For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
 (Is.40:1-5)

wow. Then end of verse three was what really struck me. I have always read that passage and seen it as God punishing them. I'm not really sure now how I seen it that way but, I did. It really just hit me though. I have received from the Lord's hand, double.  There was enough blood at Calvary... all it takes was a drop to cleanse me. But there was twice enough for me.  And  I sin and sin. And still there's enough.  And then enough for you. No, twice as much as necessary.  What a gracious, good God He is! Oh His love for us...

But then that's not the end... "[YOU] prepare the way of the LORD, [YOU] make straight in the desert a highway for our God." and then... "the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and ALL flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken." is this what you're living for?

1 comment:

Bree said...

I love it when you post!!! This was a great one! I love to think that God is taking care of me x2!! So amazing!! I love you sister chick...oh...and I miss you muchly! Xoxo