Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A pocketful of dandelions

It was a hot Sunday evening and we were busy in the Blessing House. Rosie and Butchie were out in the yard playing; George, Levi and Josh had went to Tony’s house for a barbeque; and the rest of the kids were running around the house making quite the racket. I didn’t blame them, really. It was the first nice Sunday afternoon and Dad would be calling anytime to let us know the ice cream freezer was unlocked!


But I stood there… my head was pounding from the noise. I needed to pass meds but there was no one around to witness it. I needed to do diaper checks but just wasn’t up to dealing with THAT. Not to mention the 5 dryers of laundry that needed to be folded, or the four mouths that needed teeth brushed… Renee had been following me closely. Action one… send her out. Ok. Now maybe I could think straight. Nope. The boys are back now and Tony has some food for us that I need to put away. Ok. Oh, now Levi is in his room with Jeff and Sheri Easter playing so loud that I can hear it all over the house. He gets such joy from sitting on a bucket upside down with a tablet on his bed, beating it with a ruler in one hand and a pen in the other. He’s a pro-drummer! Action two… send him outside. Now, change diapers. Done. And meds? Here comes Martha, she’ll help me out! Oh, but now, George needs some help with his new lock for his bike. Fixed. Rosie needs a shower. Hmm… ok, meds first. So I got them finished. Now I really needed a breath of fresh air. So I went out to get her. She took one look at me and said, “Rosie wants to play. Don’t make her go in tonight. She wants to stay out here. Rosie don’t want to go to bed. Good bye.” I tried talking her into coming in with me but gave it up… I’d go fold the laundry. Accomplished… and then: “I scream; you scream; we all scream for ice cream! Come and get it!!” Dad called across the intercom. Chaos.

About that headache….

I was finally was getting things accomplished! And look! Here came Rosie in the door- on her own accord! Now to get her off to the shower… Oh, but first get Grace to change the laundry. Now, Rosie. Oh what is she telling me? She’s got something for me… “Give me your hand,” she commands. And there. She’s picked me the prettiest dandelions the Galilean property could grow. It was so sweet! So, I filled my pockets with them.

Reality check. Perspective change.

It won’t matter if I have to fold laundry until 9:59pm tonight. It won’t matter if Levi plays his music so loud I have a headache. It won’t matter if Rosie plays outside extra-long tonight. It doesn’t matter! I'll enjoy my pocketful of flowers and hum along to the Easter's as George tells me about the next day and what he plans to do.

Thank you, Rosie! My pocket full of dandelions was more precious than any dozen roses I could ever receive. Tonight, Rosebud, you reminded me to forget the details… just enjoy the moment, the little things. I love you HersheyKiss!

Rosie Tucker.... When she was 2, Rosie chewed the paint chips off her crib. Thus, getting lead poisoning. She has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. She loves playing with little toys and if you ask her where she got them she'll say she took them from the baby!  If something's "wrong", Rosie will pray it better.  If there's no song, she'll sing it :)  Come to the and she will be sure to great you will a huge smile and tackling hug!

here ya go daddy :) another post.... hehe....
and on a side note... today marks 7 months I've been at the Home... lots to ponder... perhaps I'll get a chance to write later :)
 
blessings!
Soli Deo Gloria!
Courtney

1 comment:

Dad said...

Thank you sweety. It does my heart good to hear of your activities! Blessings, Dad.