Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 2~~Session 1

Hello! (:
well... week one was enough to wear me out...




This is Cabin 2. The sweetest 1:1 cabin in up-town.
It's hard to believe the week is over... and another is here in a few hours.


This is Sam... the sweetest camper ever! we had the bomb together... pretty much did our own thing all week! it was great...

Our favorite thing to do... sit on the ground. He makes the most awesome sounds... I mean, if you thought I made noises sometimes... Just wait till I get home... (:

sitting in our cabin before bedtime... Kar is the other camper in the picture. oh and that's Sam on the floor. oh and the towel on the heater... a fire-hazard I know. But, Sam's favorite thing to do in the morning (besides makin some noise in the bathroom) is to run his fingers down the grate and make an awesome racket! well, on of the other 1:1 counselors, Kit, absolutely hated the noise the first several mornings so I taped Kar's towel to it. problem solved. (: I know, I'm a genious. what else can I say? kit was happy. He even said thankyou... major points! haha


Sam's favorite toy... (:

A stab at organization... at least it felt like home- organized chaos...


Sam played the piano during the dance so... I wrote a letter, read a book, and sipped my tea (: relaxing...

now... you don't know Sam of course. but I showed these pictures to Ben and Charlie Pie a second ago and we laughed for a long time... I even cried. so yeah... enjoy (:


you see? I had a fun week (:

now... a few times things got rough... Gel, the assistant director, and charlie pie wrote me notes from Sam around camp... it was sweet (:




It was the sweetest thing ever... really. you wouldn't understand probably, but it made my day! and really... every time this week when I was at the point that I couldn't go on, someone sent me a sweet text letting me know they were praying and verses and whatnot... if you did, thank you!!! it was a good week, with lots of challenges, very patience-evoking, and a lot of fun!
now, a new week is here. me and Katie Faz. have 5 girls... I can't wait.

They gave us girls all roses for Monday night... that afternoon they had a luau at the pool (Gel gave me 4 hours off!!!! so I got sleep and relaxation for the evening!) and then they dressed the campers all up for dinner and their dance. Dinner was chicken and rice with low lights and the tables all re-arranged. it was a lot of fun. so here's my rose (:


oh and it was a grand weekend... last night I did my laundry... Mom, just to let you know... all that laundry warnings finally did come and haunt me... but hey, whats white fuz from my towel all over my blue dress and black shorts in the grand scheme of camp life? ah nothing... (: Today, Theresa (camp nurse in her 50's or 60's I'm guessing from KS city) and the southern Courtney from TX and I went shopping... Explored Boulder Creek, Ben Lomond, Felton, and Scott's Valley. I got a sweet vase and then Courtney and I bought flowers to split for our cabins. so it's pretty sweet (:


well, it's getting late and I have a lot to get finished before 10am tomorrow... have a good week (:
Soli Deo Gloria!
Your Blue Bell
(oh perhaps that's something else... I'm blue bell around here now... (: thanks to Charlie Pie. camp with three Courtney counselors calls for desperate measures. so... that's me! love it...)
oh... and not to beg for mail (; but...
Courtney Boone
16403 Highway 9
Boulder Creek, CA 95006-9696

well. I'm off to look at facebook pictures with pie and Ben... then bedtime (: (:

No comments: